If OC could guarantee to improve your chances of getting a job offer by at least 40%... would you take our advice and promise to use it?
How you prepare for and perform in an interview will heavily influence your chances of getting a job offer. We have listed some hints and tips that will help you some way to perfecting your interview techniques. However, in order to be fully prepared, you will need to contact a OC consultant who will brief you through every step of the process.
Preparation, make sure you have: -
- The full address, telephone number, contact name and their job title, the directions to the company you are going to be interviewed at and have planned your journey and have plenty of time to get there. You should note all these down on a pad, which you should take along with you, along with a pen, of course! Your OC consultant will provide you with all of these.
- The job content, where available and background information on the company. Your OC consultant will provide you with details of the company's website where appropriate and any relevant additional information.
- Understand the key components of the job and know what it is about you that you can sell at interview. Your OC consultant will help you with this.
- Prepare at least six questions you can ask. Why six? If the interviewer covers some of the questions during the interview you wiill still have a couple of questions to ask.
At the interview, make sure you: -
- Look smart and presentable! This is the first impression a potential employer will have of you.
- Provide a firm handshake at the start of the interview.
- Greet your interviewer, making good eye contact.
- Speak positively about your last employer.
- Are aware of your body language. Your OC Consultant will help you with this.
- Always finish the interview on a positive note. If you are interested in the position make sure to tell the interviewer you would be interested in taking things further. Ask how many other candidates are interested in the role, what and when are the next steps?
- Always thank the interviewer for their time.
- Finally and importantly... be yourself!
After the interview
- Speak to your consultant with feedback straight after the interview, preferably face to face. Your feedback is invaluable!